In honor of Arthritis Awareness Month, we did some research and pulled together 5 facts that you may not have known about arthritis.
1. Arthritis is the leading cause of disability in the United States. Conservatives estimates place the number of Americans with arthritis at over 50 million and some believe this number could be as high as 78 million by the year 2040. (www.arthritis.org)
2. There is not just one type of Arthritis. In fact, there are approximately 120. Three of the most common forms of arthritis are osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, and rheumatoid arthritis. (http://www.idph.state.il.us)
3. Arthritis does not only affect the elderly. In fact, even children can have arthritis. Approximately 300,000 babies and children have arthritis or a rheumatic condition. (www.arthritis.org)
4. There is no cure for arthritis. However, there are many ways patients can manage the pain and prevent further deterioration of joints. (www.verywellhealth.com)
5. Joints that have been injured are more likely to develop osteoarthritis than joints that haven't been injured. So be careful out there! (www.healthcentral.com)
We hope you enjoyed these facts. Regardless of your diagnosis, access to your health information for disability, or other claims, is important. MediCopy partners with facilities of all shapes and sizes to facilitate this process. Read how one clinic in Lexington benefited by partnering with MediCopy, here.