5 Facts About Alzheimer's:
In honor of Alzheimer's and Brain Awareness Month, we did some research and pulled together 5 facts that you may not have known about Alzheimer's.
- Nearly half of adults ages 85 and older have Alzheimer's at 45%. 10% of adults ages 65 or older are plagued with the disease. (www.aplaceformom.com)
- More women have the disease than men. This is mainly due to the fact that women live longer than men on average. (www.homeinstead.com)
- Learning new things and keeping your mind active can help to lower the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease. This could include taking new classes, learning languages, and playing musical instruments. (www.heritagecommunity.com)
- Eating a diet of fresh vegetables and fruits; whole grains; olive oil; nuts; legumes; fish; moderate amounts of poultry, eggs, and dairy; moderate amounts of red wine; and red meat only sparingly have been showed to ward off the disease. (www.health.harvard.edu)
- Growing evidence suggests that improved sleep can help prevent Alzheimer's and is linked to greater amyloid clearance from the brain. (www.health.harvard.edu)
We hope you enjoyed these facts. At MediCopy we believe that knowledge is power and can help patients take preventative actions to avoid different diseases. MediCopy also believes all patients deserve easy access to their health information so they can be well informed about their health. MediCopy partners with facilities of all shapes and sizes to facilitate this process. Click here to learn more about what we offer.