Taking a fresh approach to traditional Release of Information services by offering innovative support to patients, requesting parties and HIM departments alike.
MediCopy strives to make the Release of Information experience as reliable and efficient as possible by providing simple and secure HIM solutions. We offer full-service Release of Information services tailored to Hospitals & Health Systems, as well as Physicians & Group Practices. Our objective is to assist in the integral role of patient care by providing security and privacy safeguards during the transfer and handling of medical records - all while providing exceptional customer service.
- Rapid and secure e-delivery methods for instant access to PHI
- Utilization of esMD for the electronic submission of all RAC audits
- Quicker turnaround times for patients and requestors
- Direct online connection with the Social Security Administration
- Access to our web-based CarePortal for real-time status updates
- HIPAA-compliant direct messaging to MediCopy representatives
- Online status checks, payments and account details for requestors
- Records stored in secure portals for easy access and management
- Detailed monitoring, searching and reporting capabilities
- Easy collaboration within and outside of your department or facility
Remote Release of Information
For clients utilizing an EMR system in their practice, MediCopy will complete all ROI services remotely from our corporate facility. In addition, MediCopy will also complete all transfer-of-care requests and answer all phone calls from requestors regarding their medical records request, alleviating your staff to focus on other critical duties.
- High-grade SSL data encryption at transfer and 256-bit AES at rest
- Encryption keys securely stored and frequently rotated
- Activity occurring from an unfamiliar IP address triggers a red flag and notification is sent to an administrator for immediate attention
- Multiple data centers for SAS-70 Type II Compliance at every step
- Advanced measures used for redundancy, availability, physical security and continuity on all stored data
- Systems automatically log actions taken on every request, providing a full audit trail by event date, time, user, email, IP address, and action
- All requests are passed through our "triple check system"
- All patient medical records are validated by critical information, including: name, date of birth, social security number, date range, and record type requested per HIPAA guidelines
On-Site Release of Information
MediCopy will provide on-site ROI Specialists for all clients with paper records still in use. A MediCopy representative will visit your facility to scan and process all paper requests and work directly with your department to develop a schedule and workflow that meets your specific needs. MediCopy utilizes its own resources to process all requests, and your medical records will never leave your facility as we are able to capture, encrypt and upload all information at your facility.
For clients with higher volumes of paper requests, particularly hospitals, MediCopy will provide on-site employees to complete certain key aspects of the ROI process. On-site employees are hired, trained, compensated and managed directly by MediCopy, but will report to your HIM Department for all daily job duties.